Another thorn in the flesh by Singapore Straits Times.
1. It seems that the writer Salim Osman from Singapore ST is keen on digging manures in the soil of UMNO instead of digging the dungs of other political parties in Malaysia.
2. Readers are certainly curious to know why does this myopic writer merely focused on UMNO’s area upon cleaning up tarnishing issues instead of opposition party’s one?
3. There are numerous corruption cases, sponsored opposition politicians and vote buying that the writer can excavate from PAS, DAP and PKR. If Salim Osman can elicit a negative fact by reading from a blogger in Malaysia without a genuine confirmation surely he can find other sources that reveal the blemishes in opposition party in the 4 states governed by them.
4. There could be some reasons for the writer who chooses to ignore reporting than to disclose the sufferings, the hardship and the inconvenience caused to the people living in the 4 states. These citizens in the 4 states of opposition party (PK) are deprived of basic living necessities since the states are ruled by them. Moreover, there are numerous social problems encountered.
5. It is not difficult for the writer to enumerate on the research study by anti-corruption watchdog. But it is very easy to inform the ST readers, citing an example from an unstated blogger that accused the DFM. PM Najib surely took an initiative to reform political financing, nevertheless, Salim Osman should have more guts to extend his research on the vices committed by opposition parties.