This article is written by Wan Saiful Wan Jan, chief executive of the IDEAS (Institute for Democracy and Economic Affairs), an independent think-thank in Malaysia.
Wan Saiful Wan Jan, resembles a lost dreamer analyst who indulges himself in two-folded capacity of mind; both from a born loser to a represented denial for the sake of opposing.
Just as I read from the beginning paragraphs to tthe hird one, credits were plainly presented to the effective government of BN under the leadership of PM Mr Najib Razak. Wan Saiful inevitably cannot deny the achievable targets under Malaysian Economic and Government Transformation Programmes.
In the rest of paragraphs, one needs guts to shatter his writing to pieces as his negative opinions need a lot of attention.
1. Wan Saiful Wan Jan then overturned PM Mr Najib’s excellent report card.
· He wrote just to frame Mr Najib’s into a discredit leader.
· Either his evaluation for PM Najib is dishonest or lack of comprehensive assessment for a good leader, or simply to say he intends to spare the excellent merits to Opposition PKR leader, there are all in self-rightful capacity as an independent thinker.
- He is not in favour of the Malaysian mainstream media for repeating the broadcast clips highlighting the report of Mr Najib’s speech and National Budget. Why did he find it unfavourable? If his attitude is in tune with the effective ruling government, he should apply philosophy methods in his judgement. We must bear in mind that he is a thinker, and a thinker must acquire helicopter views over all diversity of lives.
2. When the Oppositions had not contributed their constructive and supportive ideas about the case of Lahad Datu, rather than blaming and accusing BN for the incursion; denying the rights of Malaysian Military and Police to execute their responsibility to the nation, how come Wan Saiful Wan Jan rebutts BN’s accurate strong words in retaliation? Is he trying to hide the flaws of PKR leader’s secret plot to turn Sabah into chaos? Deliberately, he gets a chance to slam BN in foreign newspaper like the most welcoming Singapore Straits Times.
3. Next he acknowledges himself that PR is not angelic either. Hence,
when he admits that Pro-PR media did not report any of BN’s good
achievements, something is not right here. There are indeed cases of
corruption and cronyisms in the Opposition sides, but why Wan Saiful
discard the true facts? As an honest analyst, he should freely anticipate
backfires from both political sides is only justification. He must expose
these immoral values and illegal activities by Oppositions openly to be
- It is not true to say that PR’s media reach is severely limited. Malaysians Insider and Malaysiakini to name a few, with all other publications and newspapers by Opposition coalitions, have spread like mushrooms in all over Malaysia, inciting provocations and anger among pro-opposition supporters in bickerings against the government by Bersih group, anti-Lynas, rallies by opposition leaders, the undergraduate’s case of bringing down the flag of Mr Najib’s photo, online registration for supporters’ participations in any demonstrations that reach all over Malaysia and Singapore, so how come Wan Saiful could have a cheek to say that media practitioners and editors exercise self-censorship to reduce the risk of action by authorities? Perhaps PR’s media is hiding more rebellious plots in their planned list, so all BN supporters must be vigilant about their next mutinous and defiant activities.
- The real victims are citizens including locals and those living in foreign countries, but has Wan Saiful been giving the right information from his part? He must emphasize his fact in No.3 and spread it through pro-PR media. But so far he has been contributing his articles that insult the ruling government from neighbouring country. He contributed his opinions against ruling party to Singapore Straits Times journalists, many times. In addition, there are several false publications circulated through Pro-opposition media, lately is the London-based Global Witness.
And yet there are also true information written from foreign countries like Australia, Philippines, US and Thailand who even contributed their articles giving the genuine mirrors shining the successes and progresses by BN government in economic transformation programmes!
These rivals, coalition politicians leaders have more than enough needs to be catered for, the final analysis is they should not waste their times and effort thinking for unreasonable wishes. It is high time that Wan Saiful Wan Jan tired himself giving privileges for Opposition coalitions.