Carolyn Hong from Singapore Straits Times argues with scepticism about PM Najib not including December for general election.
- She retorted that Malaysia must dissolve its Parliament by April 29 as the date of the last mandate of BN.
- She quoted that PM Najib had given a false alarm. PM Najib mentioned dates several times this year, speculating that number 11 is his favourite.
According to her, PM Najib said that the monsoon is not a deterrent because “if it rains or a flood occurs, (then we) can use the boat”.
- Parliament will have to be dissolved before the end of this week for a December election.
- Carolyn Hong is constraint by the point that PM Najib would want to create goodwill before the polls by giving lavish cash outs that he promised in Budget 2013.
- She confirms her argument by bringing up a statement from Shaharuddin Baharuddin, a political analyst at UTM that PM Najib was not serious about December polls.
This woman journalist indirectly wishes to push blames to PM Najib as she is unable to dig more worthy news from Malaysian politics that she could taint and defame BN.