Singapore Straits Times continues to ridicule Malaysian politics prior to general election.
Senior writer Salim Osman attributed the blames on BN far outweighs Opposition.
He repeated the opinions brought up by former PM Mahathir Mohamad against American Jews George Soros who toppled 1997 financial crisis in Malaysia. George Soros contributed his funding pro-opposition with the goal of overthrowing the government and fixing a figurehead prime minister.
He blamed Umno’s media Utusan Malaysia and New Straits Times for sensitizing the people that the government would be destabilized.
Two foreign institutions, the National Endowment for Democracy and Mr Soros’ Open Society Institution were alleged to have provided funds to Suaram and Malaysiakini.
- Utusan Malaysia published an editorial warning that the last Bersih demonstration would invite Jews and Israel to intervene in the country’s political situation.
- Umno weaved a new Malaysia into a Christian state. over an alleged plot to transform
- Recently, PAS former deputy-president Mr Nasharudin Mat Isa accused its party coalition DAP for holding a prayer meeting in Sarawak to become a Christian state.
5. Salim warned that tension between conservative Malays and Christians over the use of “Allah” had already caused a racist barrier and in the long run the Christians might form an ultimate group of voters against BN in Sabah and Sarawak.
6. He interpreted Umno’s theories about Jewish and Christians were absurd. Some racist politicians raised too much suspicious fantasies.
7. He further accused Umno for creating such theories through media merely to distract the public from their money-laundering and corruption scandals.
- It seems that the points created in Salim Osman’s skills of reflect his unjust and insensitive out of wisdom. He puts the blames more on Umno than on Opposition.
- He is a one track mindset kind of journalist. He sets his biased judgement and prejudiced against Umno.
- Salim Osman is a typical stereotype Malays who has lost his roots in connection with Malays, though he represents the typical kind of Malay origins.