Singapore Straits Times reveals the think-tank Islamic Renaissance Front (IRF) declaring its liberal stance on Islamic views.
- Teo Cheng Wee highlighted IRF’s founder, Dr Ahmad Farouk Musa who is currently a private university lecturer, told the SST that he started the IRF in 2009.
His aims are :
- to reinterpret Islam for the 21st century
- to declare his support for a secular state in Malaysia
- to reform the thinking that religion of Islam must be simplified instead of many restrictions and making it complicated
- to defend the annual festival on sexuality and gay rights
- to continue co-existing with Sisters In Islam that sided LGBT.
Dr Ahmad Farouk Musa never mentioned that Ummah in the universe must be based on teaching from Al-Quran and authentic Sunnah. Is he attempting to lead assumptions that the teaching of Islam can be made simple by reforming all from halal to haram, like legalizing homosexuals? Beware of his liberal ideologies that could lead to ‘syirik’.
- Teo Cheng Wee thought that political analyst Joseph Liow is an expert on Islamic issues. It’s a joke, isn’t it?
This so called ‘expert on Islamic issues’ said that the founder of IRF, Ahmad Farouk Musa believes that his liberalist think-tank organization would swell up gradually among the young beginning from 20 membership.
Teo C W has weak discernment to conclude that the 20 like-minded professionals are all brainwashed by the IRF founder.
IRF runs on donations and funding from pro-democracy groups.
We all must be extra careful when considering helping these IRF, whose aim mainly is to strive for Islamic liberalism in the 21stcentury.
Do not donate to Islamic Renaissance Front charity.
- IRF founder argued that Nurul Izzah had been subjected to the crudest level of character assassination by those who sought to stir a controversy for gaining political scores in the upcoming election. That is a lie.
٭ Note these points about Dr A F Musa :
He is also a columnist for Harakahdaily and Malaysiakini. Hence, definitely he is an Opposition lover.
- He was a founding member of the Muslim Professionals Forum and is now an active member of the steering Committee for BERSIH 2.0, a coalition for free and fair elections.
- Ahmad Farouk Musa is not the person who is genuinely patriotic to Malaysia . And definitely he brags about for Opposition optimism.
- IRF is given full support by Tariq Ramadan, an Egyptian-Swiss academic and writer. Tariq also advocates ideologies from Muslim scholars in the West who are well-versed in Western cultures, and not relying on religious studies that come only from the Islamic world.