Singapore Straits Times reported BN’s abilities and achievements with disgusted envy.
Carolyn Hong reflected her reckless views that PM Najib was blowing his own trumpet.
- During Umno’s General Meeting attended by 2,500 delegates, PM Najib spoke to Malaysians not to gamble their future by voting for oppositions.
- Opposition will cause a jump of deficit from 5 % to 30% of the GDP (gross domestic products). By 2015, Malaysian debt will rise from 53 % to 140% of GDP.
- By the 3rd year, Malaysians would reach a critical stage and lose their economic sovereignty like Greece.
- Opposition would send Malaysia to economic doom if it makes good promises to raise the minimum household income to RM 4,000 (S$1,600) per month, abolish highway tolls, provide free tertiary education, give teachers RM 500 monthly allowance and raise oil royalty from 5 % to 20 % for oil-producing states.
- Without fear of contradiction, Carolyn Hong was eager to challenge PM Najib’s message to the delegates. She wanted someone from Opposition to backfire. DAP Tony Pua she thought was just the right politician to handle this.
- DAP economist Tony Pua proposed a lower deficit of 3.5 %. He said opposition will re-allocate funds saved from slashing wasteful expenditure, restructure subsidies to only benefit target groups and eliminate corruption through competitive tenders.
- Carolyn Hong defied PM Najib’s statement by asserting Tony Pua’s argument that blamed BN will cause ‘bankrupt’ should they be back in power.
Carolyn Hong could not even find a strong rivalry to match PM Najib's excellent track record.
Everyone knows who Tony Pua is, ( a DAP first class slanderer ?) and she took a stance for Tony Pua being a person who handles economy matters? More lies from
this politician, certainly his economic forecast is never true and not convincing at all.
It is a pity for Singapore Straits Times to engage such a pathetic, prejudiced and low quality journalist.