Singapore Straits Times criticises the formation of Independent Panel to Bersih 3.0 rally probe.
1. Lester Kong reports flocks of dissatisfaction from the civil groups and opposition politicians. The National Union of Journalist’s president, Chin Sung Chew refused arrogantly against Tun Hanif Omar, (former police chief) to be one of the panel’s team members. Chin unconsciously shows a sign of cowardice that rejects any defeat in the journalist professionalism when they, the affected journalists - the substandard journalists - who unfairly blamed the police without total understanding of political dichotomies in Malaysia .
2. Another block-head that catches the attention by Lester Kong is the pro-opposition think-thank Ideas, Wan Saiful Wan Jan.
3. Lester Kong adds fury to the supporters for PR in Singapore by printing the remark told by DAP Secretary-general Lim Guan Eng.
We must bear in mind that journalists, political analysts, reporters and media, they are not divinely angels or Messengers of Allah who would transmit accurate news to all of us for future development, and therefore these people cannot change veryone’s perception that leads to every political event.
Singapore Straits Times observes UMNO’s 66th anniversary celebration with cynicism.
1. Carolyn Hong uses the term ‘extravaganza manner’ to hint at UMNO’s way of celebrating the 66th anniversary. She is constricted by the pangs of envy when in reality the term should be rephrased as ‘gigantic and tremendous supporters’.
2. She harasses readers in Singapore repeatedly on ‘the 2008 general election’ that weakened UMNO and she repeats the elements of corruption to convince pop-in readers.