Singapore Straits Times complained about Dr Tun Mahathir’s comments.
The writer and the vetter for this newspaper definitely harboured some motives for publishing Dr Tun Mahathir’s article.
- To rise political awakening to PAP politicians in Singapore and suppress Umno’s influence on Malays in the republic.
- To alert DAP and other Opposition supporters that they must strengthen their trust by voting DAP or PKR or PAS.
- To raise high hopes for DAP,PKR and PAS politicians gaining big victory easily in the GE 13.
- To instigate MCA and non-MCA Chinese further hatred for Umno.
- To push all Chinese voters in Singapore to retaliate by voting for DAP.
- To overturn PM Najib’s national policy 1 Malaysia.
- To inculcate strong hatred for Dr Tun Mahathir’s campaign to Singaporean readers.
There are 400,000 Malaysian voters in Singapore. Hence, Opposition calculate that effort by SST and other media in the republic deserve strong impact on Opposition’s side. That is the main reason why almost all the articles on Malaysia Correspondence published in SST reflect the defamation and backbiting themes on BN government.